Here I would like to introduce you to the preparation of the vegetarian Strammen Max. A simple snack that can also bridge a lunch break.
I don’t know why Max is so „stramm“ = tight – maybe it’s the quick preparation. In any case, the sandwich topped with a fried egg is delicious and therefore universally popular.
So let me show you my vegetarian preparation. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Hard choice when it comes to ingredients
My Strammer Max is vegetarian today. For this meat-free snack you need a vegetable topping – pre-cooked, blanched or fried. Just the way you like it. I recommend a creamy spread such as butter or cream cheese or hummus or avocado cream on your slice of bread…
There is only one “must” with Strammer Max: the fried egg as a topping!
Says snackpert Thomas Sixt
My cooking guru suggestion for you is:
- slice of bread or toast
- green asparagus
- fried egg
- tomato cubes for decoration
1.1 Bread and variants
Which bread would you like? My suggestions:
- box white bread
- toast (with or without grains, gluten-free…)
- rye bread / Gerster / Mixed bread
- wholemeal bread / brown bread / protein bread / bread with nuts
I cooked my asparagus in the pan and then roasted it. For example, courgettes or aubergine or peppers or mushrooms can be fried directly. Other vegetables such as asparagus or green beans or broccoli should be cooked briefly and then sautéed in the pan.
You can try it with:
- white or green asparagus – fry pre-cooked for 2-3 minutes
- red or yellow peppers
- sliced mushroom
- aubergine – please fry for a long time or cook until soft!
- green beans – cook for 5-8 minutes beforehand and then glaze briefly
- broccoli/flower cabbage in small florets – cook for 4-5 minutes and then sauté
Always use the appropriate preparation method for vegetables!
Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
1.3 Prepare fried eggs safely
Preparing fried eggs is child’s play. You will find a video below. Choose your personal cooking level for the eggs. Opinions often differ on this – Berta doesn’t care 🙂
I like to use organic eggs. I like to buy these – on occasion – from the farmer’s egg cupboard in the countryside. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Eggs from the countryside come in a wide variety of shapes and colours. As individual as the animals are, so are the eggs. The egg varieties are a sign of quality and show the natural husbandry!
2. Recipe Strammer Max vegetarian
Here are my instructions for this successful snack. Have fun with the preparation. I am happy to receive questions and comments…
- 4 pc toast slices I use gluten-free toast here
- 100 g hummus
- 200 g green asparagus
- 1 tbs oliv oil For sautéing asparagus
- 1 pc medium tomato
- 4 pc eggs
- 1 tbs oil To fry the eggs
3. Calories and nutritional values at a glance
Calories from Fat 54